They said we could never do it.
But last night you showed the world that America will once again be a country of, for, and by the PEOPLE.
You fought like a winner, you defied all odds, and history will forever remember the role you played in taking our country back.
I never could’ve done it without you, Juan.
Last night we learned that America is still a beacon of hope where the impossible is possible.
For far too long, we’ve heard Washington politicians give the excuse that “it can’t be done.” They say we can’t balance the budget, we can’t stop corruption, we can’t control the border, we can’t bring jobs back to our country.
I REFUSE to accept that it can’t be done. This is the country that declared its independence, won two world wars, and landed a man on the moon. This is America. We can and we WILL get it done.
Now it’s time to start uniting our country and binding the wounds of our divided nation. I promise to be a president for ALL Americans. I will work for you. I will fight for you. And I will win for you.
You will soon remember what it’s like to win as an American.
Thank you and God bless you,
Donald J. Trump
Cómo citar esta entrada
Lorenzo de Membiela, Juan B.: «They said we could never do it.», Sucesos Contemporáneos. Disponible en: https://membielaguitian.blogspot.com/2016/11/they-said-we-could-never-do-it.html
Sobre el autor
Juan B. Lorenzo de Membiela
Doctor en Derecho · Universidad de Valencia
Especialista en Derecho administrativo, empleo público y Derecho del trabajo. Investiga la historia naval de la Monarquía hispánica —de la Gran Armada a Trafalgar—. Es autor de Estudios sobre Trafalgar: tempestad, marinos e imperio (Sevilla, 2019) y de una veintena de libros y 169 artículos científicos de Derecho público y del trabajo. Colabora en El Confidencial Digital y El Español. Desde este blog publica microensayos que contrastan los hechos con fuentes académicas y autorizadas.
Todas las entradas | Sobre el autor | Suscribirse (RSS)
© Juan B. Lorenzo de Membiela. Todos los derechos reservados. Se permite citar breves fragmentos con fines de análisis, comentario o juicio crítico, indicando el autor y enlazando a la entrada original (art. 32 del texto refundido de la Ley de Propiedad Intelectual).
